[Kde-pim] Unannounced dependency bump?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Jun 29 17:35:41 UTC 2016

El dimecres, 29 de juny de 2016, a les 16:46:17 CEST, Martin Gräßlin va escriure:
> Am 2016-06-29 13:30, schrieb Daniel Vrátil:
> >> It's not only CI that has issues
> >> with PIM buildability as well - other KDE developers have issues with
> >> it as well often being the sole source of failures in their
> >> kdesrc-build runs.
> >
> > I do "kdesrc-build kde-pimlibs kde-pim" quite often without any issues.
> > If the
> > devs don't contact us, we can hardly fix something....
>
> I hit the messagelib issue today, looked into build.kde.org, saw that
> the last three builds failed.
>
> Now I just run kdesrc-build again and kdepim doesn't build:
>
> [ 85%] Linking CXX shared module kcm_knote.so
> akregator/src/CMakeFiles/akregatorprivate.dir/build.make:206: recipe for
> target
> 'akregator/src/CMakeFiles/akregatorprivate.dir/articleviewer-ng/webengine/ar
> ticleviewerwebengine.cpp.o' failed
> make[2]: ***
> [akregator/src/CMakeFiles/akregatorprivate.dir/articleviewer-ng/webengine/ar
> ticleviewerwebengine.cpp.o] Error 1
> CMakeFiles/Makefile2:8178: recipe for target
> 'akregator/src/CMakeFiles/akregatorprivate.dir/all' failed
> make[1]: *** [akregator/src/CMakeFiles/akregatorprivate.dir/all] Error 2
>

> I have reported to kde-pim mailing list before that I constantly have
> problems building it. I run everything through kdesrc-build, that's
> about 270 modules and only kdepim is the only one which I need to run
> again and again. Sometimes a --reconfigure is sufficient, sometimes I
> need to do --refresh-build. It's annoying to be honest.
>
> Typing this mail in my roundecube instance as kmail which I have right
> now, doesn't show mails.

You guys know how to really be supportive of the people we have doing pim!

Come on cut them some slack, yes it can be better but it's not as terrible neither dependency
wise nor bug wise.

Let's try to help them instead of just complaining.

P.S: Answering to Martin's email but meant in general.