Plasma 5.8 LTS

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Jul 13 23:05:51 UTC 2016

El dilluns, 11 de juliol de 2016, a les 8:37:12 CEST, Jonathan Riddell va
escriure:
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 09:30:59AM +0100, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > Incase anyone missed it, we have had a kickoff meeting for Plasma 5.8
> > and decided to make it an LTS release with updates continuing for 18
> > months after release and depending on Qt 5.6 (also LTS).  Release is
> > mid-October.
> >
> > http://jriddell.org/2016/07/08/plasma-5-8-lts-kickerd-off-for-stability-an
> > d-performance/
> Having decided that, we need to work out the faffy stuff to make it
> possible.  It presumably needs a new branch for i18n for the LTS and
> possibly a new pointer to the LTS branch in repo-metadata.  Who should I
> talk to about making those happen?

We historically only support only one stable branch in KDE i18n.

I don't see myself adapting all our scripts and websites to support another
additional stable branch.

Since it's going to be a "stable" branch and won't have new strings do we
really need a new branch for it?