Dropping the svn kio from kdesdk-kioslaves

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Tue Dec 20 09:40:44 UTC 2016

Am 16.12.2016 um 11:32 schrieb Kevin Funk:
> If the SVN kioslave is standalone, wouldn't it make more sense to actually
> keep it in a separate repository/package? So users who just want the Dolphin
> integration can just use that?
>
> Wouldn't it make more sense to move your kioslave implementation into kdesdk-
> kioslaves, replacing the older copy?
>
> I'm not sure whether Albert just wants to kill the repository or he's just
> phasing old unmaintained software. In case of the latter, updating the copy
> with the better maintained version probably makes more sense.
I took a look into kdesdk-kioslaves - the code for svn there is
completely different from kdesvn kioslave. Therefore I would suggest to
remove kdesdk-kioslaves/svn because I won't maintain two different
implementations for one protocol.
A distro packager can separate the kdesvn kioslave into a separate
package, at least this is what I would expect looking at the kdesvn code.

Christian