KDE Applications 16.04.0 packages available for packagers

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Fri Apr 15 05:43:12 UTC 2016

On Thursday, April 14, 2016 2:21:24 PM CEST Eric Hameleers wrote:
> >> I assume these belong to KDEPIM. Where is their build order documented
> >> - also in relation to the other pre-existing tarballs?
> >
> > In their CMakeLists.txt, in the kde-build-metadata repo and in the totally
> > random order i use to build packages that seemed to work last time (don't
> > take this as anything official) http://paste.ubuntu.com/15838970/
>
> Please understand this.
> As a distro packager, I would welcome a simple piece of documentation
> written by the developer that is *not* a CMakeLists.txt file.

At Plasma we are currently discussing a metadata format for our projects
including the inter-project dependencies. Please have a look at https://
mail.kde.org/pipermail/plasma-devel/2016-April/051581.html whether that would
help you.

If we are happy with that metadata file we are going to put it into all Plasma
5.7 repos and if it works out we are also going to push for all KDE projects
to use it.

Cheers
Martin