Release-impacting changes for 16.08 of KDEPIM

Sandro Knauß sknauss at kde.org
Mon Apr 4 09:59:01 UTC 2016

Hey,

libkdepim, pimcommon and kdepim-apps-libs are dumping grounds, we know. And
yes the long time plan is to get rid of them. But this wont happen with the
next release, because we want to move them to vaild places, aka many things
should go upstream (KF5 /Qt) / other can be replaced ...

The next milestone is to get rid of KDE4Support and KDE3. Yes there are still
things in kdepim that were not ported to clean KDE4. But properly these apps
will be maybe also moved to unmantained.

Regards,

sandro