minified javascript in telepathy-qt

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Thu Sep 10 09:20:43 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 09:15:33PM +1200, Ben Cooksley wrote:
> > I'm somewhat confused. Are the Telepathy docs considered part of the Telepathy
> > software? Wouldn't we have to submit the preferred modifiable form for any
> > images or fonts embedded within the pre-built documentation as well?

Yes of course, the very essence of free software is that you can get
the source and modify it, allowing exceptions to this is dangerous.
For fonts it is perfectly possible to claim a .ttf file is a preferred
modifiable form and for images a .png file can be preferred modifiable
form but if there's a scalar form that would of course be better and
should be included.

> Packagers, I'd suggest you bend the rules in this case.

No, in Ubuntu at least we won't stop ensuring that everything is
modifiable and has free licences as is our policy, and KDE's policy.

Jonathan