Future frameworks releases

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Jun 9 11:27:19 UTC 2015

On Monday 08 June 2015 18:37:39 Michael Pyne wrote:
> (and especially,
> with a "stable" branch as proposed for KImap here)

No, this is not what is being proposed.
kimap (and some others) would also be released from master,
just not with the same version number and not everytime (*).
(see the thread on k-f-d for details)

(*) I could copy unchanged tarballs from previous releases as some of you
suggested. Safer than repackaging from git and not being 100% sure that
nothing has changed :).

But to be clear.... I am personnally against the whole idea too, I just had to
give in and accept it because for *my* release work the issues are solvable.
But of course it has to be acceptable for you guys too, which is why I'm
asking here.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5