[Kde-pim] What's up with kdepim*?

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Mon Jul 20 13:26:23 UTC 2015

Laurent,

The problem isn't that pim wants to be released again, the problem is
pim people (maybe you, I can't recall) asked for it to not get
released from master until further notice. Then no notice was given.
Notice 3 days after dependency freeze isn't a good idea, causes more
rush and stress on our release team. At any rate if pim depends on
parts of akonadi which are in frameworks that haven't been released,
then we can't release pim until after the first frameworks release
that has what's depended on (or we could put the missing dependency in
the applications release, but that's a bad idea as when would it then
get moved to frameworks release cyle?)

BR,
Jeremy