kio-extras into applications

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Jul 1 23:10:12 UTC 2015

El Dimarts, 30 de juny de 2015, a les 16:45:18, Alexander Potashev va
escriure:
> > Plasma 5.3.2 is out and in August the 3 releases are closely aligned
> > so it's a chance to move things about while minimising the overlap.
> > kio-extras has been suggested to be moved to Applications instead of
> > Plasma as it's needed by people who use Applications but don't use
> > Plasma.  Should I request the move and into which sub-module?
>
> Hi,
>
> Same question for kross-interpreters. Its Qt5/KF5 version hasn't been
> released yet and it should probably go through a review process, but
> it's still unclear if it fits KDE Applications. KDE SC 4.x contained
> kross-interpreters, but I'm not sure if this was the best decision.

Is there anything in Plasma or KF5 that needs kross-interpreters? (I guess not
since otherwise it'd be failing now) If not we can just release it with KDE
Applications. If there is potentially a reason for Plasma to use it, i'd say
move the release to KF5, since really what do you need kross for if you kross
for if you don't have any interpreter to do stuff?

> Can we release kio-extras and kross-interpreters separately from KA5 and
> KP5?

The more releases the more complex stuff gets, let's try not to.