KDE Telepathy has an unreleased dependency

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Feb 27 23:33:22 UTC 2015

El Divendres, 27 de febrer de 2015, a les 12:36:21, Martin Klapetek va
escriure:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 2:07 AM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > So we still need a KPeople release, which is still in playground so noone
> > has
> > properly reviewed it, and you want to speed-turn it into a frameworks in 1
> > day. Do you actually have anyone to review it in such notice? At least
> > sanitize the headers?
>
> It was requested on February 13th for KPeople to be reviewed and joined
> frameworks for 5.8. Today the 2 weeks review period is over so if there
> are no outstanding issues it should be moved today. The only issue is
> that the release won't be available for the first two betas while we could
> simply release KPeople a bit sooner so KDE Telepathy would be in the betas.
>
> > This feels like rush, rush and rush. KDE Applications schedule has been
> > set
> > for months, I've sent various reminders about the freeze dates, and yet,
> > here
> > we are, post freeze with unresolved issues, why are we doing this now and
> > not
> > last week?
>
> I've started the discussion about moving it on February 3rd. There's about
> 15
> repos and about 3000 dependencies. I'm sorry if I managed to miss one while
> trying to fix everything for the release (and mind you that the number of
> KTp
> developers pretty much reduced to one). I'm sorry that nobody caught this
> in the review period for about a month. We're clearly all just people with
> just
> enough free time.

More reason to start the move eariler than at the last minute, but that's
something unfixable now, maybe you can have it in mind for the next time :)

> If you feel like it should not be part of KDE Apps 15.04, fine, just say so
> and
> I'll request a move of everything back.

I just want to make sure we don't rush stuff and we get bad reviews and
comments because we rushed at the last minute.

You tell me it's good, I believe you.

Albert