15.04 feature freeze exception for dolphin and dolphin-plugins

Emmanuel Pescosta emmanuelpescosta099 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 18:53:30 UTC 2015

Dear release team,

Please consider a 15.04 feature freeze exception for dolphin [1] and
dolphin-plugins [2].

Both are theoretically ready to be shipped as part of 15.04 as the first
frameworks
based release.

The splitting of kde-baseapps [3] has been discussed since Sep 2014, and
yesterday
Dolphin has finally been moved into a new repository (all relevant
functionality from
kde-baseapps konqlib moved into KIO and made the splitting possible -
thanks dfaure!).

What needs to be done to release the KF5 based version of dolphin and
dolphin-plugins:
* remove dolphin from kde-baseapps
* merge frameworks branch into master in dolphin and dolphin-plugins

The requirements for dolphin:
* Qt >= 5.4
* KDE Frameworks >= 5.7
* ECM >= 1.6

I'm awfully sorry for being late!
Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Emmanuel

[1] http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=dolphin.git
[2] http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=dolphin-plugins.git
[3]
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-frameworks-devel/2014-September/019331.html

PS: I want to say a big thank you to d_ed and vHanda who helped me a lot
with making a KF5 based release possible!