15.04 feature freeze exception for dolphin and dolphin-plugins

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Feb 27 01:16:26 UTC 2015

El Dijous, 26 de febrer de 2015, a les 19:53:30, Emmanuel Pescosta va
escriure:
> Dear release team,
>
> Please consider a 15.04 feature freeze exception for dolphin [1] and
> dolphin-plugins [2].

None of those repos seem to have their KF5 branches in CI, how many people
have built them? Are we sure their dependencies are properly released?
detected by cmake?

Has anyone sanitized the history of those repos?
  I will answer myself, no, it has no branches, I don't think that's
acceptable to be honest.

> Both are theoretically ready to be shipped as part of 15.04 as the first
> frameworks
> based release.

Has anyone actually been using this release. Is it as good as the kdelibs4-
based one?

> What needs to be done to release the KF5 based version of dolphin and
> dolphin-plugins:
> * remove dolphin from kde-baseapps
> * merge frameworks branch into master in dolphin and dolphin-plugins
>
> The requirements for dolphin:
> * Qt >= 5.4
> * KDE Frameworks >= 5.7
> * ECM >= 1.6

As I already mentioned in another mail, you also need baloo-widgets that is
undereleased. Who is going to review and release baloo-widgets for KF5?

Albert