KDE Telepathy has an unreleased dependency

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Feb 25 01:04:58 UTC 2015

El Dimarts, 24 de febrer de 2015, a les 11:52:55, Martin Klapetek va escriure:
> I just realized that one of the main dependencies, KPeople, will be released
> only after KDE Applications Beta 2 as it's targeting KF 5.8 (released 12th
> March
> while KDE Apps Beta 2 is released 11th March).
>
> I'm not sure what should be done in this case; we could perhaps move the 5.8
> release two days earlier, but this would still miss Beta 1.
>
> So uhh...what should we do?

I can see three options:
a) Do not release KPeople as part of frameworks but as part of KDE
Applications 15.04 (and move it later to frameworks)
b) Do not release KDE Telepathy as part of KDE Applications 15.04
c) Give KDE Telepathy an exception to only join on Beta 3 of KDE Applications
15.04

a) will make packagers unhappy because we'd move something around again,
creating more friction and confusion

b) is bad since KDE Telepathy fills a hole in our KF5-based series of apps

So i'd say let's go c) even if it makes me very unhappy that we have to resort
to that.

Other opinions?