5.2.1 tars for packagers

Heinz Wiesinger pprkut at slackware.com
Tue Feb 24 09:14:31 UTC 2015

On Tuesday 24 February 2015 00:58:15 Eric Hameleers wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Feb 2015, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> > sorry, but it happens that I have a Weekend and cannot follow up
> > everything
> > which someone writes on Google+. It just happens that such comments get
> > lost when I access Google+ on the phone. And guess what: I don't care, I
> > am not a bugtracker gate keeper and don't handle bugs which are brought
> > to me by: * IRC
> > * mail
> > * mailinglist
> > * Google+
> > * private talk
> > * whatever
> >
> > if you want to report a bug report, report it on bugs.kde.org. That's way
> > better than assuming that I put people on ignore.
>
> With such an answer, can't you see why I think you put me on ignore?
> After I asked you my question on G+ you have added multiple posts
> about your own development on KWin, so I would have assumed that you
> had read my question unless you were deliberately ignoring me.

Guys, please, can we stop it right there? This is not helping.
Mistakes were made, missunderstandings happen. Let's move on.

We're dealing with pretty severe usability regressions in the 5.2.1 release
that we rather not let our users experience, so the primary focus should be on
figuring out what could be the root cause of the problems. Chances are that if
we experience those issues, so do others, although we of course can't rule out
packaging bugs (although that would be weird happening in a minor update).

Is there any further information we can provide to pinpoint the source of the
regressions so we can file useful bug reports?

Grs,
Heinz