5.2.1 tars for packagers

Eric Hameleers alien at slackware.com
Mon Feb 23 21:59:36 UTC 2015

On Mon, 23 Feb 2015, Albert Astals Cid wrote:

>>> So you're withholding the packages but refuse to report the bugs so that
>>> the bugs can get fixed? That's veeeeeeeery weird.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>>  Albert
>>
>> Look, I can be as rude as you are, but I don't care enough.

Well, my friend Heinz tells me that in real life, you are actually a
nice guy, with a weird sense of humor, so if that is the case, I
apologize.

> "i talked to XYZ on Google+ but i guess he has me blocked" sounded pretty rude
> to me.

I think that is actually true what I wrote. Martin is not too happy
about some of my points of view. I don't blame him for putting me on
ignore, it was just a remark to explain why I copied the release team
mailing list.

>> All I wanted is a response from people whether they see the same
>> regressions. So far, nobody has even bothered to reply with a simple
>> 'yes' or 'no'.
>
> Sorry, I'll go with the "don't know" since i don't run Plasma 5.2.1 yet

OK thanks. That is acceptible, but I would still like to hear feedback
from people who have actually tried Plasma 5.2.1 (not developers but
packagers - people with some distance to the actual development).

>> I want to file bugs, no problem with that, but not until after I have
>> a pretty good idea that the bug is not actually my own packaging bug.
>> Is that weird?
>
> No, not weird at all, it just seemed that you didn't want to report the bugs
> until the packages were officially released, sorry i misenterpreted your
> words.
>
> Best Regards,
>  Albert

Seems you talked to Heinz too during the past 20 minutes ;-)
I am certainly not opposed to filing bugs. I think it is important
that a bug fix release _fixes_ regressions instead of _introducing_
them. I merely wanted to address my points before the public release.