Extra patch for KConfig 5.7 release

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Feb 14 10:16:42 UTC 2015

On Saturday 14 February 2015 01:34:28 Matthew Dawson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> If it is not too late to sneak an extra patch into KConfig's 5.7 release,
> could commit 9eee15917e01a89d937d1cba2eebbe9d65daeb72 (
> http://commits.kde.org/kconfig/9eee15917e01a89d937d1cba2eebbe9d65daeb72 ) be
> added in?
>
> This change reverts a SIC, which will break updating of configuration files
> using kconf_update.  The underlying bug from the original commit is still a
> problem after this revert, and I had hoped to tackle the entire issue before
> 5.7.  Since that didn't get done, I rather fix the SIC for 5.7 then break
> existing software.

SIC is too strong a term here. SIC means apps don't compile anymore.

This is rather a behavior-incompatible change (and another one to revert).
So, to avoid the packagers killing me for updating 5.7 two days *after* the
supposed public release day (*), I would rather make a 5.7.1 kconfig release
with this commit in.
In practice users will only get a few days (at most) with 5.7.0 and broken
kconf_update behaviour - a runtime bug, it happens.

(*) I forgot to make the tarballs public so I was about to do so right now,
but they surely made their packages public already.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5