[dot] KDE Frameworks 5.2.0 release

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Sep 12 00:48:42 UTC 2014

On Thursday 11 September 2014 22:13:49 Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 11:00:15PM +0200, David Faure wrote:
> > E.g. can someone write info/kde-frameworks-5.2.0.php
> > based on the input I gave, or shall I do my own thing there as fallback
> > (won't be as good but better than nothing) ?
>
> There's no changing content here, should be just a copy and update version
> number
> > I see there's also announcements/kde-frameworks-5.2.php
> > and then kde-announce at . I would also add kde-core-devel at .
> > I think it was said that a dot story is fine too, and then there's social
> > media.
> > My question is: are we doing all this every month, and is there a
> > volunteer
> > for doing it?
>
> There's the idea of a Sigma release, a 6 monthly or so public
> announcement, in which case the announcements page can just become a
> hopefully automatically made changelog, same for kde-announce@ e-mail
> and in theory social media can be automated.

I just automated the creation of

http://www.kde.org/info/kde-frameworks-5.2.0.php
http://www.kde.org/announcements/kde-frameworks-5.2.0.php
and partially automated adding the entry to announcements/index.php

I'll take care of the emails tomorrow, but I'll leave social media to someone
else.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5