[dot] KDE Frameworks 5.2.0 release

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Thu Sep 11 21:13:49 UTC 2014

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 11:00:15PM +0200, David Faure wrote:
> E.g. can someone write info/kde-frameworks-5.2.0.php
> based on the input I gave, or shall I do my own thing there as fallback (won't
> be as good but better than nothing) ?

There's no changing content here, should be just a copy and update version number

> I see there's also announcements/kde-frameworks-5.2.php
> and then kde-announce at . I would also add kde-core-devel at .
> I think it was said that a dot story is fine too, and then there's social
> media.
> My question is: are we doing all this every month, and is there a volunteer
> for doing it?

There's the idea of a Sigma release, a 6 monthly or so public
announcement, in which case the announcements page can just become a
hopefully automatically made changelog, same for kde-announce@ e-mail
and in theory social media can be automated.

But I can't remember from the release-team BoF if the idea of a Sigma
release will happen.

Jonathan