Fwd: KDE Frameworks Release Cycle

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Mon May 5 08:19:12 UTC 2014

On Sunday, May 04, 2014 02:38:01 PM Martin Graesslin wrote:
> I think it's great that Kubuntu does downstream testing. But what would be
> much better is if Kubuntu would do the testing upstream. E.g. I'm sometimes
> too scared to take a patch into the branch as it doesn't get tested. Thus
> Kubuntu's testing will never reach it. If the testing were be done upstream
> I could include the scary patches and would know that there is a safety net
> of testers to catch a regression.

Just to chime in -

The case is similar for me. Until .1 or .2, I'm actively running the stable
branch, so that I can test it and catch regressions, after that I start
focusing on master and try my best NOT to backport any patches. They just
don't get tested.

Also, maybe you guys test out Kwin, but I've rarely (if ever) gotten reports
about the PIM side of searching. There is a LOT to test.

--
Vishesh Handa