KF5 alpha2

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.com
Mon Mar 17 11:24:10 UTC 2014

> On Wednesday 12 March 2014 12:21:36 Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> > David Faure wrote:

> > > It is not part of the KF 5.0 release, it targets 5.1.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > is there any reason for that?
> > Would delay us from releasing some KF 5 port of Kate for common
> > consumption after the KF 5.0 release.
>
> No idea, please ask the KTextEditor maintainers.
>
> Wait, that's you... I thought this was a request from you, because it
> wouldn't
> be ready for 5.0?
>
> I'm confused.
>
> What made me think so is that it's under 5.1 in the wiki page
> http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics
> and that it still has many SIC changes "TODO" there. So I thought this was
> intentional. If it's not, let's fix that quickly.
Hi,

I think we can get all SIC incompatible changes done before 28th,
I and Dominik went over most stuff last week to finalize the TODO and beside
removing a bit more stuff from the public API no other large changes
are on the TODO list for the 5.0 release.

(will rework http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/KTextEditor, too)

Seems I did just misunderstand for which release we are scheduled, sorry :/

Given we get all SIC stuff done until 28th, any other blocking issues like other
changes required for 5.0?

Greetings
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann at AbsInt.com