KF5 alpha2

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Mar 16 12:27:30 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 12 March 2014 12:21:36 Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> David Faure wrote:
> > On Wednesday 05 March 2014 19:29:34 Michael Palimaka wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > KTextEditor is listed as tier 3, but is missing from this (and previous)
> > > releases.
> >
> > It is not part of the KF 5.0 release, it targets 5.1.
>
> Hi,
>
> is there any reason for that?
> Would delay us from releasing some KF 5 port of Kate for common
> consumption after the KF 5.0 release.

No idea, please ask the KTextEditor maintainers.

Wait, that's you... I thought this was a request from you, because it wouldn't
be ready for 5.0?

I'm confused.

What made me think so is that it's under 5.1 in the wiki page
http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics
and that it still has many SIC changes "TODO" there. So I thought this was
intentional. If it's not, let's fix that quickly.