Plasma Next alpha release engineering bits

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Mar 5 23:14:49 UTC 2014

El Dimecres, 5 de març de 2014, a les 13:10:12, Sebastian Kügler va escriure:
> Hi,
>
> As we're planning to release the first alpha of Plasma Next next week, I'd
> like to go over some details that need discussing.
>
> - promo preparations
> - tagging / tarballing: can happen anytime on Thursday next week
> - smoke-testing of packages
> - rolling out packages on Monday, or sooner depending on testing?
>
> We'll need someone to roll the tarballs and put them on the download site.
> Who is willing to help here?

Sorry but personally I don't have the capacity to help, next week, i'll be
doing 4.13 Beta 2.

For the tagging and tarballing part, have a look at
http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=sysadmin%2Frelease-tools.git we are using for both
4.x and KF5. dfaure is doing the KF5 part so that means that even if i wrote
them it seems they are not that hard to understand/reuse.