[dot] KF5 alpha 1

Mario Fux mario at unormal.org
Sun Mar 2 20:29:38 UTC 2014

Am Sonntag, 02. März 2014, 19.55:46 schrieb Jos Poortvliet:

Morning guys

> On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 10:35 AM, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:

> >> Back from holiday, writing something. Will give it today as release date
> >> and push it out asap. Too bad nobody else found time to pick it up...
> >>
> >> Some info on what's in there would be appreciated. Will ping on IRC.
> >
> > New month, new KF5 release: I'm about to package up KF5 beta1 now.
> >
> > Official release on Tuesday, or do packagers and/or dot editors want more
> > time?
>
> Alpha two? Should not be a huge deal, let's just get it out on
> Tuesday. Any updates on what is new or changed would be appreciated,
> something that can replace this part from alpha 1:
> --
> Improvements in this release include the addition of .pri files which
> make it easy for qmake based projects to use individual frameworks and
> two new frameworks: kactivities and plasma-framework. There has also
> been significant progress in getting frameworks to work on the
> Microsoft Windows platform.

You can change the last sentence to:
"There has also been significant progress in getting frameworks to work on the
MacOSX platform."

There was quite some work on this platform.

For more here a quote of David:
"Note: kprintutils is no more, kwallet-framework was renamed kwallet,
 and some new frameworks have been added."

> --
>
> I will copy-paste the rest. And hopefully svn won't have to be cleaned
> up after me this time \o/

griits
Mario

--
Fellow of the FSFE.org and Joined the Game of KDE.org
Main Organizer of the Randa Meetings (www.randa-meetings.ch)