[kde-promo] The name of Applications 4.14 + 1 - how about splitting into 4-part and 5-part

Andreas K. Huettel dilfridge at gentoo.org
Thu Jul 17 22:12:26 UTC 2014

> Care to elaborate on why would it create less confusion?
>
> "KDE Releases Some Applications 4.17 and Some Applications 5.2" looks like
> a pretty confusing news headline to me :D

Well that's a level of confusion that we've already caused. So people are
*maybe* already used to it.

(The full version would be something like "KDE releases bugfix release
Workspace 4.11.17, something else 4.14.4, and Applications 4.17.1, combined
with the brand-new Applications 5.0.1 ported to the sexy new KDE Frameworx.")

(No I dont really believe in "no more release will happen" statements. :)

--
Andreas K. Huettel
Gentoo Linux developer (council, kde)
dilfridge at gentoo.org