Automatic creation of version information on bugs.kde.org

Andreas K. Huettel dilfridge at gentoo.org
Wed Feb 5 11:59:12 UTC 2014

> I noticed that somehow the versions in bugzilla get updated once we had an
> SC release. I don't know who does it, but I assume that someone on the
> list knows who does it :-)
>
> So a small request: please exclude the kde-workspace products for the
> 4.12.x releases. Even better: change it to generate a 4.11.x version ;-)

Open systemsettings, go into menu, "About systemsetting". The dialog window
displays "Version 4.12.0, under KDE 4.12.1" (seems like I havent finished some
update, me bad).

... now I (since I know better) check with the package manager and see kde-
base/systemsettings-4.11.5 ...

Running kinfocenter, go into menu "About kinfocenter", the dialog window
displays "Version 4.12.0, under KDE 4.12.1"

... now I (since I know better) check with the package manager and see, ah
well, you know what I mean.

Please, dont. It'll generate even more confusion with users. In this case IMHO
the additional work burden is on your side. if you want to fiddle around with
the versioning system, you'll have to bear with the bug reports and the
information you provided in your applications.

--

Andreas K. Huettel
Gentoo Linux developer
dilfridge at gentoo.org