Fwd: KDE Frameworks Release Cycle

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Wed Apr 30 11:23:18 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 30 April 2014 12:33:06 Àlex Fiestas wrote:
> We are all on the same situation and we have to make the best of it. We
> believe that e can do best if we focus on master and make sure master rocks,
> it has no regressions etc.

Obviously, if we are able to increase the quality of overall frameworks by a
more suited development model, the number of bugs goes down and the number of
fixes which need to be backported will go down. Which might end this
discussion as a non-issue.

At least for the frameworks I maintain, I do hope that we will never have to
do bug fixes. And that's kind of the case right now already - kwindowsystem
4.x last saw a bug fix in 2012.

Cheers
Martin