KDE Frameworks Release Cycle

Harald Sitter apachelogger at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 29 12:33:12 UTC 2014

ahoy, quick question that just when we discussed this in kubuntu:

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 3:15 PM, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
>  * Everything is developed in master, so each release will contain a few new
> features and bugfixes;

> Of course, going with this type of cycle comes with some price of its own:
>  * Features in released modules can only be introduced in a very fine grained
> way so as to not jeopardize the stability;

I suspect that's bad wording, but those two things sound contradicting to me.

If everything is developed in master (i.e. features are not developed
in a feature branch and then merged into master) but features mustn't
affect the stability, how do you ensure latter if someone develops a
feature locally (alas, no feature branch on git.kde.org) and then
pushes at any day (since there is no feature freeze)?

HS