Exception for Nepomuk Ebook Indexers

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Thu Jun 20 18:43:36 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 7:32 PM, Mario Fux KDE ML <kde-ml at unormal.org> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag 20 Juni 2013, 14.51:38 schrieb Vishesh Handa:
>> Hey guys
>
> Morning
>
>> I wanted Nepomuk to have some ebook indexers for this release, but I
>> never got around to implementing them. I was hoping someone else would
>> implement them, since they are so simple, but that never happened.
>>
>> Anyway, I spent some time today and implemented both epub and mobi
>> analyzers. The epub analyzer uses the libepub library, and for the
>> mobipocket analyzers I've just copied the code from
>> kdegraphics-mobipocket.
>
> I'm not so happy about this part "copied the code". Is it not possible to just
> use it without duplicating the code?

I couldn't see a way this late into the release.

Ideally, kdegraphics-mobipocket should be creating a library and
installing it. It currently does not do that. One could make it
install the library and the headers, but then there are issues of
binary compatibility. Also, I'll need to ask the author.

The copied code is about 500 lines.

>> I'd like to get these into 4.11.
>>
>> They introduce an optional dependency of libepub.
>>
>> The code is completely isolated. These are plugins which are run in a
>> separate process, and even in the worst case if the code is horrible
>> (which it isn't) and crashes, the user will face no problems. It will
>> just be as though these indexers do not exist.
>
> thx
> Mario

Vishesh Handa