Nepomuk - Changing the Resource class behaviour

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Tue Jan 22 13:10:05 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 22 January 2013 18.10:14 Vishesh Handa wrote:

> 1. Add an explicit Resource::setWatchEnabled( bool ) function in the
> Resource class which clients can call if they want updates.
> *

That's maybe safer in case there is still a client relying on that
functionality..

> *
> 2. Disable this automatic updating all together.
> *

... but this is IMO the better design decision. So I'd suggest option 2.

> *
> *When should this be done?

The sooner the better, but something for the release-team to answer. I don't
think it's that much of a problem that we absolutely have to get it into
4.10.0, is it?

Cheers,
Christian