KDE SC 4.11 Release Schedule

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Mon Jan 21 21:08:14 UTC 2013

On Monday 21 January 2013 21.52:48 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El Dilluns, 21 de gener de 2013, a les 20:36:48, Christian Mollekopf va
>
> escriure:
> > > I actually had a look into two of the three failing tests and wanted to
> > > fix
> > > them. But did not understand the foreign code base good enough to
> > > investigate it properly. So I don't know whether this is an expected
> > > fail
> > > (given the commit message which introduced the tests which are failing I
> > > doubt it) or not. Those two are at least failing since I started looking
> > > at
> > > build.kde.org. Probably nobody cares :-(
> > >
> > > For the third test I informed the maintainer that it started to fail.
> >
> > I think for those cases we would just need some KKNOWN_BROKEN_TEST or
> > so...
>
> Isn't that what QEXPECT_FAIL is for?

Yes, sorry. I had something like a non-existing EXPECT_ASSERT in mind.
QEXPECT_FAIL has the same semantics as the proposed KKNOWN_BROKEN_TEST, so all
one would have to do in Martin's case would be;
* contact the maintainer
* if the maintainer doesn't answer, mark as broken using QEXPECT_FAIL so the
next dev doesn't run into the same problem

If the maintainer just was too slow to respond, no harm is done as he can
simply fix the test and remove the QEXPECT_FAIL.

Cheers,
Christian