KDE SC 4.11 Release Schedule

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Jan 19 17:19:03 UTC 2013

El Divendres, 18 de gener de 2013, a les 18:58:07, Martin Gräßlin va escriure:
> On Tuesday 15 January 2013 23:27:53 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > 4) Don't release if any if the tests are failing in builds.kde.org
> >
> > 	If we have tests, they have to work
>
> I have mixed feelings about that. Personally I agree completely, but I fear
> that this will end in less unit tests than in more. If you have unit tests
> and they have been broken for a long time you get punished,

Right, but why would you have a broken unit test? The only reason i can think
of is that you know your code is broken but don't have time, etc to fix it
yet. If that's the case i'd suggest using QEXPECT_FAIL maybe?

> if you don't
> have tests, your code is accepted without any problems. So it kind of
> encourages to have bad code (no unit tests).
>
> Before we go this way I would suggest to first get a cleanup on the unit
> tests and enable nag mails when a test starts to break [1]. If we see that
> this works well, we could go the full thing in 4.12. Also I would like to
> see some way to encourage more unit testing.

Sure, I'm not saying how we should implement this, just asking if people agree
that "tests should pass" :D Of course we should either kill or comment or
EXPECT_FAIL the tests.