KDE SC 4.11 Release Schedule

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Fri Jan 18 17:58:07 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 15 January 2013 23:27:53 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> 4) Don't release if any if the tests are failing in builds.kde.org
> 	If we have tests, they have to work
I have mixed feelings about that. Personally I agree completely, but I fear
that this will end in less unit tests than in more. If you have unit tests and
they have been broken for a long time you get punished, if you don't have
tests, your code is accepted without any problems. So it kind of encourages to
have bad code (no unit tests).

Before we go this way I would suggest to first get a cleanup on the unit tests
and enable nag mails when a test starts to break [1]. If we see that this
works well, we could go the full thing in 4.12. Also I would like to see some
way to encourage more unit testing.

Cheers
Martin

[1] I would love to get those, as I cannot use the build.kde.org build status
for kde-workspace due to three tests not in KWin failing all the time