Better testing of tagged tars

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Sat Feb 2 14:17:15 UTC 2013

On 01/31/2013 03:42 PM, Andrea Scarpino wrote:
> We, as Arch Linux and Chakra-Project developers would like to propose now
> to follow the recommendation set by Dirk Mueller in the last long ml thread
> regarding this issue, and have the build packages from the tagged tars
> available to our testers during the time period between tagging and release.

Has anyone ever explicitly said making packages available to targetted
testers was a *bad* idea?

I'm not aware of any, and if they had, I would disagree with them.

In short, more testing is a "good thing(tm)" and is encouraged.

Keep in mind when I said "targetted testers", they need to be aware that
these are not public or release builds yet, that is all.

-- rex