Release Cycle

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Aug 23 20:10:32 UTC 2013

El Divendres, 23 d'agost de 2013, a les 08:49:19, Jos Poortvliet va escriure:
> On Thursday 22 August 2013 23:35:49 Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> > > escriure:
> > >
> > > escriure:

> > > Yes. What about this then:
> > > =======
> > > KDE frameworks 5 preview 1 December 2013
> > > KDE frameworks 5 release 1st half 2014
> > > KDE Workspaces 4.11 is last release (LTS)
> > > KDE Workspaces 2.0 preview 1st half 2014
> > > KDE Workspaces 2.0 release 2nd half 2014
> > > KDE Applications 4.12 December 18 2013
> > > KDE Applications 4.13 June 2014
> >
> > 4.12 and 4.13 will include kdelibs too (that have been almost-frozen for a
> > while but we still increase its version number on each release)
> >
> > Also we don't have a date for 4.13.
> >
> > It may well be May or July or even March or August since we haven't
> > started
> > planning for it and we can't do it since at Akademy it was agreed we'd do
> > shorter cycle (4.12) and then evaluate if that had worked or not, and to
> > evaluate it, we have to let 4.12 happen.
> >
> > So please be very clear June is a guessed month from your side since the
> > Release Team has not started discussing about it.
>
> "As with any schedule for a major technological transition, please note that
> the above is subject to change."

Are you saying 4.13 is "a major technological transition"?

> Is that enough? Please note, as Aaron already said, that it is better to
> have a plan now and change it later than to have no plan at all.

That is his opinion, not the one that seems the majority of people in this
team have.

Saying we have no plan not true. Our plan is do 4.13 planning once 4.12 is out
of of the door, like we have been doing for all the releases for a while.