Kopete changes for KDE 4.11

Frank Reininghaus frank78ac at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 15 11:38:26 UTC 2013

Hi,

2013/8/15 Pali Rohár:
> On Saturday 13 July 2013 22:47:26 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
>> On Saturday, July 13, 2013 09:53:25 Pali Rohár wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > Kopete in KDE 4.11 has fixed more bugs and has lot of new
>> > features (comparing to 4.10/9/8 versions). I'm sending list
>> > of some new changes which could be in KDE 4.11 release
>> > page.
>> >
>> > * Kopete migrated from svn to git
>> > * Fixed memory leaks, corruptions and NULL dereferences
>> > * Fixed lot of Kopete crashes at exit, at logout and when
>> > closing modal dialogs * Support for adding new contacts to
>> > Top Level group * Allow inviting users to groupchat by
>> > drag-n-dropping * Automatically logout and login with
>> > suspend/resume * Activate webcam preview in settings dialog
>> > only if webcam tab is selected * New sqlite history plugin
>> > (by default old one is used and new is disabled) * SSL
>> > support for ICQ protocol (enabled by default for all ICQ
>> > accounts) * Updated jabber libiris library from upstream
>> >
>> >     - Fixed lot of connections problems (specialy legacy SSL
>> >     and logining) - Support for SCRAM-SHA-1 SASL login
>> >     mechanism (needed for new servers) - XMPP 1.0 support
>> >     (this fixed login to gmx, facebook and other servers)
>> >
>> > * Updated jabber google libjingle library for gtalk voice
>> > calls * Fixed wizard for registring new jabber account
>> > * Support for jabber XEP-0184: Message Delivery Receipts
>> > (sender and reciver of chat messages will see delivery
>> > status) * Support for jabber XEP-0199: XMPP Ping
>> > * Fixed problems with skype protocol when user sent or
>> > recived same/duplicate messages
>>
>> I love you. Really, if I wasn't married, I might propose ;-)
>>
>> If only more developers would do this ;-)
>>
>> Thanks a lot!
>>
>> @release team: I'd love it if you folk would think about a
>> process change for our development which would include,
>> somewhere, the writing-down-of-features a bit like above.
>> Like in the always-summer thing: feature branches being
>> merged need a proper explanation (like above) and a tag
>> ("FEATURE:XX) or get denied. Or something like that. Then
>> we'd just collect the change logs that are tagged with
>> FEATURE and we can write announcements.
>>
>> /me can dream
>
> Ah, I'm unhappy, that you did not mention anything about kopete
> on KDE 4.11 release page :-( Now for users it can looks like
> kopete development is dead...

there were multiple calls for help with writing the release notes [1,
2] - you could have easily added that stuff to the release notes
yourself! Maybe something to remember for the next release ;-)

Cheers,
Frank

[1] http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=137555659932029&w=2
[2] http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=137605448923519&w=2