Can i still merge this, small KDirWatch improvement.

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 09:06:08 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 07 August 2013 09:38:51 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > Hi Release team,
>
> Hi
>
> > I just got the OK to ship [1] but considering the very close release
> > of KDE 4.11 it seems right to ask the release team for permission as
> > well.
> >
> > The patch simply prevents one stat call with KDirWatch and makes the
> > code a little bit better to understand. Tests pass just fine and othe
> > additional (visual and gdb) testing hasn't shown any regression.
> >
> > If i am not allowed to push it (due to the very close 4.11 tag), when
> > can i push it then? Right after the tag i assume?
>
> Honestly, if this is just a [small] speed optimization and doesn't fix any
> bug, i don't see it belonging to 4.11 at all, just commit it to master and
> leave it for 4.12.
>
> Unless is a so huge optimization our users are going to send us money for
> the speed difference :D

Don't want to interfere with the release team work - but, if 4.11 is going to
be a long term maintained version (and it is) doesn't it make sense to let
this go in during say 4.11.3 or so (it would've gotten some more testing by
then)? Otherwise, this won't reach users for a long time - and that's neither
very motivating nor benefiting anybody.