[Kde-pim] 4.11.0 release and tests

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Tue Aug 6 01:54:33 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, August 06, 2013 01:04:08 AM Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> @people, please keep both lists on the loop.
>
> One of the things we agreed we wanted for the 4.11 release was no failing
> tests on jenkins.
>
> We've almost achieved that.
>
> http://build.kde.org/view/KDE%20SC%20stable/?auto_refresh=false
>
> We have only 8 failing tests, all of them in kdepim-*.
>
> My question to the kdepim people:
>  * Why are those tests failing?
>
> My question to release-team and kdepim people:
>  * Should we delay the release until tests are fixed?
>  * Should we simply QFAIL/remove the tests since it seems they are not that
> important?
>  * Should we let them fail and still release?
>
> Personally i'd like the tests either fixed or QFailed, this way for 4.11.1 one
> can go to jenkins, check if everything is green and have a very high level
> overview that with some luck maybe nothing regressed.

I agree with you.  We need 0% failing.

2 of the kdepimlibs fails are from kcalcore (the TestSuite.Compat.KOrganizer ones)
I'm surprised at this.  Can someone tell me which version of libical is installed on the jenkins machines?

We should QFAIL the kblog test.  I can't remember the last time that was working.