4.11.0 release and tests

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Aug 5 23:04:08 UTC 2013

@people, please keep both lists on the loop.

One of the things we agreed we wanted for the 4.11 release was no failing
tests on jenkins.

We've almost achieved that.

http://build.kde.org/view/KDE%20SC%20stable/?auto_refresh=false

We have only 8 failing tests, all of them in kdepim-*.

My question to the kdepim people:
 * Why are those tests failing?

My question to release-team and kdepim people:
 * Should we delay the release until tests are fixed?
 * Should we simply QFAIL/remove the tests since it seems they are not that
important?
 * Should we let them fail and still release?

Personally i'd like the tests either fixed or QFailed, this way for 4.11.1 one
can go to jenkins, check if everything is green and have a very high level
overview that with some luck maybe nothing regressed.

Comments?