Release Strategy Proposal

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri Apr 26 20:41:22 UTC 2013

Hi Alex,

On Friday, April 26, 2013 18:35:41 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Friday 26 April 2013, Sebastian Kügler wrote:

> > <tldr>
> > Let's make 4.11 the last feature release for platform and workspace in the
> > 4 series, make 4.11 a long term maintainance release.
> > </tldr>
>
> IMO this is not about handling releases, but about the mid-term development
> strategy of KDE.
> I think setting the direction for KDE is not task of the release team.

This thread is not about setting the direction perse, it's about asking
feedback from involved parties. I was actually wondering wether or not to CC:
k-c-d, but decided against to first have a few more directly related people
weigh in: i.e. if the release team says it can't be done, we have to go back
to the drawing board.

> I think this should be discussed more public, i.e. on k-c-d.
>
> Beside that, trying to get KF5 more into a working-towards-a-release
> development mode seems like a good idea to me.

That's an intended side-effect.

sebas