Release Strategy Proposal

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Apr 26 16:35:41 UTC 2013

On Friday 26 April 2013, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> <tldr>
> Let's make 4.11 the last feature release for platform and workspace in the
> 4 series, make 4.11 a long term maintainance release.
> </tldr>

IMO this is not about handling releases, but about the mid-term development
strategy of KDE.
I think setting the direction for KDE is not task of the release team.

I think this should be discussed more public, i.e. on k-c-d.

Beside that, trying to get KF5 more into a working-towards-a-release
development mode seems like a good idea to me.

Alex