Binary packages section of info/release.php pages

Michael Palimaka kensington at gentoo.org
Fri Nov 9 17:30:31 UTC 2012

On 2012-11-09 23:33, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Friday, November 09, 2012 00:27:18 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>> I was looking today at http://www.kde.org/info/4.9.3.php#binary and see
>> there's only the Kubuntu information there when i know a few more distros
>> have  released 4.9.3 packages.
>>
>> Do we still need that? It looks a bit sad how it looks right now (and has
>> looked in the various releases).
>>
>> Do we want to remove it?
>>
>> Do we want to replace it with something else?
>>
>> Ideas?
>
> In its current state, I'd say: ditch it. If packagers would like to see their
> binary packages listed there (and it's not just one or two distros), then we
> need to find a way to add the binary packages as they arrive. Could be a
> manual thing, asking someone to add a link there, even, or we put it on a wiki
> page, making it less maintainance work for the release team and easier to edit
> for those that would like to see their packages advertised.

Hi,

I wonder why packagers aren't updating that page anymore?

I also note that http://www.kde.org/download/distributions.php is
looking a bit sad too.

If maintaining a list of which distro has what is not working, perhaps
we could just list distros that carry it, linking to their respective
KDE packages/guide/information/whatever?

Best regards,
Michael