Binary packages section of info/release.php pages

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri Nov 9 12:33:39 UTC 2012

On Friday, November 09, 2012 00:27:18 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> I was looking today at http://www.kde.org/info/4.9.3.php#binary and see
> there's only the Kubuntu information there when i know a few more distros
> have  released 4.9.3 packages.
>
> Do we still need that? It looks a bit sad how it looks right now (and has
> looked in the various releases).
>
> Do we want to remove it?
>
> Do we want to replace it with something else?
>
> Ideas?

In its current state, I'd say: ditch it. If packagers would like to see their
binary packages listed there (and it's not just one or two distros), then we
need to find a way to add the binary packages as they arrive. Could be a
manual thing, asking someone to add a link there, even, or we put it on a wiki
page, making it less maintainance work for the release team and easier to edit
for those that would like to see their packages advertised.
--
sebas