Calling off Beta1

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue May 29 21:45:18 UTC 2012

El Dimarts, 29 de maig de 2012, a les 23:38:27, Albert Astals Cid va escriure:
> El Dimarts, 29 de maig de 2012, a les 23:29:18, Sebastian Kügler va
escriure:
> > On Tuesday, May 29, 2012 19:55:02 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > > the release dude does the releases.
> >
> > Correction:
> >
> > The release *team* does the releases
> >
> > Now that is clear, can we work as a team here, and discuss problems
> > instead
> > of making such decisions unilaterally?
>
> We can discuss all you want, fact is we couldn't release tomorrow due to
> various soprano related issues that I hoped someone would magically fix (as
> I magically appeared and packaged 4.9 beta 1). But it did not happen.
>
> I'm sorry for being naïve and expecting people would care about having a
> proper release. It won't happen again.

Noe this "It won't happen again" doesn't mean I'm walking off from the "create
tarballs" duty, it just means that instead of waiting for people to fix their
stuff until the day before the release I'll cancel the release with more days
of anticipation.

Albert