Calling off Beta1

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue May 29 21:14:52 UTC 2012

El Dimarts, 29 de maig de 2012, a les 22:35:23, Kevin Kofler va escriure:
> On Tuesday 29 May 2012, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > I'm not.  You've known about this since Saturday.  AFAIK didn't consult
> > packagers on impacts.  Made a late announcement (if you were going to do
> > this,  waiting three days did't help).  Then you give a very pointed
> > response to anyone who questions your decisions.
>
> +1
>
> Saturday would have been in time to cancel the release. We started importing
> it on Monday. Canceling the release after the distros already started
> packaging it is a complete no go.
>
> > Fine.  You're the release dude, so decide, but there are ways to deal with
> > it  that are much less abrasive than this.  I read your mail on Saturday
> > and thought it meant "go package the soprano snapshot - you'll need
> > it".  It never even occurred to me that the release would be canceled.
>
> Same here (or actually I'd have hoped Albert would try to coax the Soprano
> maintainers into doing a release, which would have been the proper way out
> of this crisis).

You are asuming I didn't try to get a release done. You are wrong. I
considered calling Trueg's company contact phone to get a contact to him, then
decided it was a crazy thing to do, if he wasn't reading his mail, getting him
on the phone would help nothing.