Packaging 4.9: kdelibs?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue May 22 21:36:54 UTC 2012

Soooo, now that I've bitten the bait and decided to package 4.9 beta 1 myself
I have a question :D

kdelibs is special since we don't have a master branch to package, i need to
package from the 4.8 branch, that's fine *but* the issue is that i have to
increase the version number and thus I can't tag 4.8.80 since I can't commit
the version number increase to 4.8 branch.

Ben suggests we create the 4.9 branch already. That'd go along with Martin's
suggestion to create the 4.9 branch too.

Any comments?