Notifying project teams (was: Re: kde-runtime does not finds kactivites)

Andreas K. Huettel dilfridge at gentoo.org
Sun Jun 10 10:45:50 UTC 2012

Am Sonntag 10 Juni 2012, 00:52:28 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:

> Basically the same goes to all the rest of your mails, if things don't
> build, the first person to speak to is the corresponding development
> team/maintainer so such problems get fixed asap.

That is a reasonable suggestion, however please let me answer with a
reasonable suggestion of my own:

I'm usually not following the day-to-day development of, say, kdebindings.
Which means I am not subscribed to the kde-bindings mailing list. However,
this list is the correct place, I guess, to report kde-bindings issues.

When I post something there, it's first held for moderator approval, which may
take a while. For every single e-mail. For every kde team e-mail list. Again.

Mailman has this great feature of "whitelisting" senders even if they are not
subscribers. Would you consider as a policy eventually whitelisting people
with an obvious distro e-mail address on the public project mailing lists?

Does not have to be automatical and on the first try... it's just annoying if
you get your third "... awaits moderator approval" mail from the same list...

Cheers, Andreas

--

Andreas K. Huettel
Gentoo Linux developer