RFC: Conditions of early access to unreleased

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Mon Jun 4 20:32:17 UTC 2012

On Monday 04 June 2012, Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> In contrast to the privilege of early access to unreleased tarballs we ask
> the packagers to follow this rules:
>  * Do not make the packages available to your users (even in development
> branches) before the official tarballs are announced

This used to be the old rule, but it does not really work out anymore. there
are communities behind the distros that build the packages, and they want to
both collaborate and they want to (re-) use their experienced users for
testing the tarballs.

In the end that provided very useful feedback, so I think we should keep it
that way:

>  * Do not make the packages available to your users (in stable or
> automatically suggested updates to stable versions) before the official
> tarballs are announced

Right.

Greetings,
Dirk