Why are 4.8.80 packages already out in the wild?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Jun 3 23:26:01 UTC 2012

On Monday 04 June 2012, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> It's not about hurting or not (that it does, see how Martin got confused
> and  probably lost time wondering how something like that could be
> happening).

Oh, and what Martin actually got confused by is a failure of processes on the
KDE end: The Bugzilla entry for the new (pre)release should be created no
later than the first "try" of tarballs. How else are we, the packagers,
supposed to report bugs we find in the tarballs, if they're not of release-
blocking importance? When you create the tarballs, the component should
already be in place.

        Kevin Kofler