Why are 4.8.80 packages already out in the wild?

Tom Albers toma at kde.org
Sun Jun 3 23:02:23 UTC 2012

----- Oorspronkelijk bericht -----
> I will also remind you that KDE is as popular as it is today ONLY
> because it
> is widely packaged in distributions. Without packaging, KDE's
> userbase would
> be only an extremely tiny fraction of what it is now. I can also
> point you to
> several projects which have been forked into irrelevance because they
> ignored
> distributions' needs (see e.g. XFree86). Do not bite the hand that
> feeds you!

This is a very one sided look at things. You can only live if someone else makes great software. So, also for you goes: don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Let's face reality: we need each other.

I suggest you lower your voice a view pitches and instead of constantly screaming (and threatening us like in this mail) work productively to get a good work flow, which works for both sides.

Tom Albers
KDE Sysadmin