Announcements to packagers policy - question

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Jul 17 16:53:27 UTC 2012

El Dimarts, 17 de juliol de 2012, a les 09:32:50, Scott Kitterman va escriure:
> On Tuesday, July 17, 2012 11:14:12 AM Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > --- El mar, 17/7/12, Myriam Schweingruber escribió:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I was made aware today that, unlike beta releases, RC
> > > releases seem
> > > not to be announced on the packagers list. Is there a reason
> > > for that?
> >
> > What's the need of the announcement to be posted there?
> >
> > It's not like there is not enough places we annouce the release has been
> > made, like this list, the annoucements mailing list, the webpage, etc.
> >
> > Did any packager really miss we released RC1 or RC2?
>
> I did.  Others on the Kubuntu team knew about it, but I've relied on those
> announcements on the packager's list (particularly about when the
> pre-release tarballs are available - AFAIK that isn't announced anywhere
> else).

RC1 and RC2 did not have pre-release tarballs available, that is because the
schedule says there's only one day between tagging and release, so it does not
make any sense to do any kind of tarball pre-release.

> If you're going to drop communication methods that people rely on, it would
> be nice to mention it in advance.

I already made clear on the packagers list that all public discussion about
releases should happen here some weeks ago.

> What low volume mailing list should I
> subscribe to so I can find out about pre-release tarballs

kde-packager

> and release announcements?

kde-announce